Following on the success of our 2014/15 health and safety infographic, we have analysed the 2015/16 annual safety stats and are pleased to provide this year’s infographic which we hope will not only improve the accessibility of the stats reported on in the HSE’s own PDF but make some of the information hidden inside their supporting Excel documents more visible to the wider safety community as well as providing a year on year comparison for much of the key statistics.
- Year on year increase in number of fatalities (142 / 144) but still 7% below 5 year average (155).
- Following downward trend in fatalities over past 20 years figures have leveled off over past 5 years.
- RIDDOR down 4% YoY
- Days lost increased by 11% BUT economic cost has reduced slightly
- Enforcement actions down by 8%.
- Work-related deaths have remained static
- Non-fatal injuries down by 6% YoY.
- 80% of illness made worse by work is either musculoskeletal (42%) or related to stress, depression or anxiety (38%)
- Downward trend in number of self-employed workplace deaths and upward trend in employee deaths
Click image to open full version (via Bryan Armstrong Ltd).