Location: South East London | Salary: £40-45K + benefits.
Our client is an ambitious organisation set up to improve housing in the borough, currently managing 18,000 homes on behalf of a large Local Authority. You will be working for a not-for-profit organisation undertaking a major local investment programme, operating with their own maintenance company, and building new homes through a partnership with the local authority. They are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to assist the Head of Safety in managing their team based out of South East London.
Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety, you will be responsible for leading a team of Health, Safety and Compliance business objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation meets its legal obligations through the development and implementation of effective Health and Safety strategies, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Supporting the delivery of the Health & Safety management strategic plan and to deputise for the Head of Health & Safety.
• To act as the lead person for liaison between Lewisham Homes and the Health & Safety enforcing agencies. To assist the Head of Health & Safety and to direct the other members of the Health & Safety team to resolve key issues identified.
• To advise on and devise Health & Safety management solutions across the Lewisham Homes stock, taking the lead on the most complex cases, and liaise with other professional and legislative bodies to explore and resolve Health & Safety related issues in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
In order to be considered for this role you must hold the following qualifications, professional memberships and experience:
• Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
• Significant experience of Health and Safety management within a large organisation
• Experience of working in a housing or property management organisation or equivalent, including experience of managing fire safety and asbestos safety management
• A clean driving licence and your own vehicle.
Job Reference: 894147
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
Job Industry: Housing
- CDM Consultant in City of London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Manager in Stratford - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Surveyor in London - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety / RISQS Auditor in London and the South East - £41,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Lead - Rail in Barnet - £60,000 (Permanent)