Location: London | Salary: £45-50K + benefits (6 Month FTC or daily rate).
A London based social housing provider with a portfolio of over 20,000 properties is currently recruiting an Asbestos Programme Manager on a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will act as the “competent person” as defined by the Control of Asbestos Regulations, and provide competent advice regarding the inspection, management and removal of asbestos containing material (ACM’s) to the all areas of the business.Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR), and other relevant legislation.
- To ensure the organisation strategy and systems effectively coordinate and manage asbestos related activities across all areas of the business.
- To plan, programme and organise asbestos management surveys of all buildings as required.
- To hold and manage the Asbestos Register, and produce and review management data to inform proactive inspection and remedial programme.
- Produce and maintain an Asbestos Management Plan in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations
- Coordinate and manage an asbestos remedial programme
- To provide professional advice and guidance to employees working with or around asbestos
Skills and experience
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate (Desirable)
- P405 (Required) , P407 (Desirable), P402 (Desirable)
- Previous experience managing Asbestos in a local authority or the social housing sector
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
<a href=”http://bryan-armstrong.com/”>Bryan & Armstrong Ltd</a> is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems
Job Reference: 894229_1549037230
Salary: 50000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Construction Safety Consultant (all levels) in City of London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Head of Health and Safety in London - £70,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London - £40,000 (Contract)
- Health and Safety Manager in Slough - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager - London in London - £90,000 (Permanent)
- Project Health and Safety Manager in London - £80,000 (Permanent)
- Safety Standards and Assurance Lead in West London - £70,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Consultant in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)