London: London | Salary: £31-41K.
A prestigious London university has an opportunity for an Assistant Radiation Protection Officer to join their large, well established Health and Safety Team. Drawing upon your excellent communication skills you will assist the Radiation Protection Officer in the development and promotion of radiation protection policies through:
- Assisting the Safety Training Manager in the development and presentation of radiation safety training courses.
- Assurance monitoring of the management of radiation including Radioactive waste
- Oversight and management of the Radioactive Substances Software system
- Statutory reporting, permitting and licensing
- Monitoring of site activities against EPR16 Permit limits and making applications for new EPR16 Permits where necessary.
- Inspection and audit of radiation facilities – open source, sealed source, X-rays
For this role you must be able to demonstrate theoretical knowledge of ionising radiation and a working knowledge of relevant legislation with experience interpreting radiological data relevant to contamination monitoring, control of exposure and shielding. To be considered for this role:
- You must hold a degree in biological or physical sciences
- You must have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience providing training would be advantageous.
Job Reference: 894032_1507820408
Salary: 40000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- CDM Consultant in Sutton - £50000 per year (Permanent)
- Construction Health and Safety Consultant in London - £42000 per year (Permanent)
- Fire Risk Asessor in London - £38000 per year (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant in London - £37 per hour (Contract)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London / South - £35000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London - £40000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Consultant in South Woodford - £33000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Engagement Lead in London - Salary - £100000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in London - £80000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in London - £60000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager/CDM Advisor in London - £55000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety/CDM Consultant in London - £47000 per year (Permanent)
- Health, Safety and Fire Consultant in East Grinstead - £35000 per year (Permanent)
- Interim Fire Risk Assessor in London - £200-225/day (Contract)