Location: East London | Salary: £neg (6-month FTC).
The Business Resilience & Security Specialist assists in the management of all Business Resilience activities; Central and Programme Emergency Planning & Response; and Security oversight & assurance.
- Support the Business Resilience lifecycle processes across the programme, aligning and interfacing with other stakeholder processes where required
- Support the management, maintenance, delivery, review and periodic tests of the Business Resilience Plan and associated processes
- Assist Departmental Heads and others in the design and implementation of Business Recovery Planning
- Assist co-ordination of the initial and ongoing training of personnel in the understanding and implementation of Business Resilience and Emergency Response plan(s), including ‘Duty-on-Call’ and Gold Response Team mobilisation and facilitation
- Support ensuring recovery solutions are implemented and fit for purpose to meet the recovery requirements of critical business processes, recovery sites and IT solutions, with particular reference to engaging with Business Continuity
- Assist Emergency Services Group, and other ‘Blue Light’ interfaces such as LFB Liaison Officer
- Support the security of the programme, maintain the confidence of partners and stakeholders in regard to security and ensure that security related risks are managed and understood
- Support the co-ordination of security activities of main contractors and where appropriate suggest strategies to the Employer in order to achieve practical security solutions
- Effectively communicate recommended courses of action for innovative, business- oriented responses
- Understand and respond to the changing security threats throughout the lifetime of the programme
- Support the development and implementation of security assurance programme to ensure that partners are delivering their responsibilities as required by the Security Requirements
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for company vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our Ways of Working initiative. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put company information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Multiple interfaces with Senior Management, Staff Partners, Emergency Services, Local & National Governmental agencies and departments.
- Supporting the Employer ensuring that emergency response is robust and fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Employer in working with delivery teams to maintain a common approach to business resilience and security issues.
- Supporting the Employee in balancing a variety of priorities to ensure timely delivery in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Supporting the Employer in developing a collaborative approach to encourage improvements in performance.
- Supporting the Employer in developing and leading a positive culture across the programme.
- Working with stakeholders to maintain collaborative approach to business resilience and security matters.
- Manage embedded teams with challenging priorities.
- Generating and maintaining a ‘team’ spirit across a wide geographic and multi-site area.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Maintain a good working relationship with managers within the Technical, Delivery and Health and Safety functions.
- To maintain good working relationships with Government Agencies (UK Border Agency, Metropolitan Police, British Transport Police, London Fire Brigade and London Ambulance Service)
- Willingness to undergo security vetting to ‘SC’ level.
- Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Have worked in a similar role industry
- Strategic orientation with ability to act tactically, as required
- Skilled in succeeding in a matrix-management environment
- Understanding of ISO 22301 or similar Business Resilience Management Standards
Job Reference: 894351_1581702170
Salary: 60000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Construction Safety Consultant in London - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Environmental Advisor in London - £35,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Advisor in London - £48,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety / CDM Consultant in Walton-on-Thames - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London based - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Coordinator in London - £35,000 (Permanent)
- Regional Trainer in Greater London - £37,500 (Permanent)
- Senior Health & Safety Consultant in Central London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Advisor in London - £50,000 (Permanent)