Fire Risk Assessor | London Euston | £45-53K + benefits
Our client provides 6500 affordable homes in London and Hertfordshire and they currently have an opportunity for a Fire Risk Assessor to join their in-house team. The main purpose of the role is to carry out and deliver a programme of fire risk assessments across the housing stock, leading on the delivery of comprehensive type 4 intrusive risk assessments. You will also be responsible for the coordination of contractors and surveyors required to support destructive inspections as part of the type 4 risk assessment, ensuring that all work complies with the fire strategy and regulations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessments up to and including type 4 intrusive assessments for required properties ensuring that that actions identified are completed through follow up post inspections as notified by your line manager.
- Keeping abreast of fire risk assessor competency requirements, actively work with your line manager to identify and work towards meeting changes in requirements including specialising in specific areas of fire safety and its systems.
- Ensuring that high risks are escalated immediately.
- Provide training to fire wardens, care and support scheme managers, facility operatives and others that require fire training.
- Completing inspections during critical stages of the new build process to ensure compartmentation is in place.
- Completing concise fire risk assessment reports within reasonable time scales.
We are ideally looking for:
- Level 4 OR Level 3 Diploma in Fire Safety or equivalent
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate or equivalent
- ASFP Level 3 in Passive Fire Protection
- FDIS Diploma or Equivalent – Desirable
- Membership of Third Party Accreditation Scheme – IFE/IFSM or equivalent
- Knowledge of active and passive fire protection systems
- Working at heights training
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
- Willingness to undertake training as part of continued development
Job Reference: SB955
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Health and Safety Advisor - NEW in - £0 ()
- Health and Safety Manager (Media) in - £0 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety Assurance Manager ** INTERVIEWING NOW** in London - £60,000 (Permanent)
- Regional Head of Health and Safety - Infrastructure in - £65,000 (Permanent)