Building Safety / Fire Safety Manager – North London – £50-55k + package
We are currently recruiting an experienced Building Safety / Fire Safety Manager for a North London based Housing Association. This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will assist the organisation prepare for the new and upcoming changes following the Hackitt review. Working closely with a team of technical specialist you will help deliver the services to residents and clients on behalf of the organisation. In addition, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the high rise / high risk properties across the organisation are safe in accordance to the new legislation and compliance requirements. We are looking for an experienced H&S/Fire Safety professional who is able to liaise with external fire safety bodies including health and safety boards, fire brigade and key stakeholders.
Key duties include:
- Reviewing technical fire safety documents and translating them into documents that can be understood by non-technical persons.
- Be the ambassador for Fire Safety as well as subject matter expert on a wide range of topics and be the point of contact for the operational departments.
- Lead on the delivery of the fire requirements of a safer future including safety cases, resident engagement and providing assurances at all levels that our buildings are compliant to all legislative requirements.
- Liaise with the regulator and other enforcement agencies as necessary.
To be considered for the role you must have the following:
- A nationally recognised fire safety qualification such as NEBOSH Fire or Fire Safety Management Level 4 Diploma.
- Membership of a professional body (IFE, FPA, IFSM etc)
- Demonstrable experience in residential fire safety and a detailed working knowledge of LACORS, National Fire Safety Guidance on Purpose Built Block of Flats and National Fire Safety Guidance on Specialised Housing as well as the proposed requirements of the Safer Future report.
<a href=”http://bryan-armstrong.com/”>Bryan & Armstrong Ltd</a> is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.
Job Reference: 897_1587392178
Salary: 58000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Fire Safety Advisor in London - £48,000 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety & Fire Consultant in - £0 (Permanent)
- Principal Fire Safety Consultant in - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Advisor in - £45,000 (Permanent)