Location: South East London | Salary: £55-60K + benefits.
Our client is an ambitious organisation set up to improve housing in the borough, currently managing 18,000 homes on behalf of a large Local Authority. You will be working for a not-for-profit organisation undertaking a major local investment programme, operating with their own maintenance company, and building new homes through a partnership with the local authority. They are looking for a Head of Health & Safety to head up their team based out of South East London.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, you will be responsible for leading a team of 8 in the delivery of Health, Safety and Compliance business objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation meets its legal obligations through the development and implementation of effective Health and Safety strategies, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Promoting a positive Health & Safety culture and environment for employees, service users and the public, which reflects the changing needs arising out of Health & Safety legislation and best practice.
- Attend as required emergency situations as lead officer, liaising with all emergency services and other attending bodies to ensure all emergency situations are managed with the least impact on service users.
- To be the corporate owner of Property Compliance issues across the business, reporting compliance with statutory and legal duties to the Executive and Board on a monthly basis.
- To be Technical Advisor for all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental activities; with particular focus on Property Services on CSCS, COSHH and Construction safety including CDM.
- To control all legislative documents relating to Health & Safety including, Fire Prevention and Asbestos Management to ensure adequate and appropriate record retention.
In order to be considered for this role you must hold the following qualifications, professional memberships and experience:
- Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Significant experience of Health and Safety management within a large organisation
- Experience of working in a housing or property management organisation or equivalent, including experience of managing fire safety and asbestos safety management
- A clean driving licence and your own vehicle.
Job Reference: 893940_1497018842
Salary: 60000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- CDM Consultant in London - £55000 per year (Permanent)
- CDM Consultant in London - £45000 per year (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Advisor in London - £35000-40000 per year (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant in London - £45000 per year (Permanent)
- Head of Health & Safety in West London - £ (Contract)
- Head of Health and Safety in West London - £70000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Essex - £40000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London - £225 per year (Contract)
- Health and Safety Business Partner in London - £50000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in Croydon - £50000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager (12 Month FTC) in London - £45000 per year (Permanent)
- Interim Fire Risk Assessor in London - £200 per year (Contract)
- Senior Health and Safety Manager in Central London - £70000 per year (Permanent)