Location: London | Salary: £60-£70K + benefits (6 months FTC or daily rate).
Our client is an ambitious organisation set up to improve housing in the borough, currently managing over 20,000 homes on behalf of a large Local Authority. You will be working for a not-for-profit organisation undertaking a major local investment programme, operating with their own maintenance company, and building new homes through a partnership with the local authority. They are looking for a Head of Health & Safety to head up their team based in London.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of Health, Safety, Fire and Asbestos business objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation meets its legal obligations through the development and implementation of effective Health and Safety strategies, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Promoting a positive Health & Safety culture and environment for employees, service users and the public, which reflects the changing needs arising out of Health & Safety legislation and best practice.
- Attend as required emergency situations as lead officer, liaising with all emergency services and other attending bodies to ensure all emergency situations are managed with the least impact on service users.
- To be the corporate owner of Property Compliance issues across the business, reporting compliance with statutory and legal duties to the Executive and Board on a monthly basis.
- To be Technical Advisor for all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental activities; with particular focus on Property Services.
- To control all legislative documents relating to Health & Safety including, Fire Prevention and Asbestos Management to ensure adequate and appropriate record retention.
In order to be considered for this role you must hold the following qualifications, professional memberships and experience:
- Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Significant experience of Health and Safety management within a large organisation
- Experience of working in a housing or property management organisation or equivalent, including experience of managing fire safety and asbestos safety management
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems
Job Reference: 894226_1549038788
Salary: 70000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Asbestos Programme Manager in - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Construction Safety Consultant (all levels) in City of London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London - £40,000 (Contract)
- Health and Safety Manager in Slough - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager - London in London - £90,000 (Permanent)
- Project Health and Safety Manager in London - £80,000 (Permanent)
- Safety Standards and Assurance Lead in West London - £70,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Consultant in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)