Location: Manchester | Salary: £60-70K + benefits.
We are currently recruiting an engaging Health and Safety professional for a newly created Head of position within a rail organisation based in Manchester. This role will see you drive forward continuous improvement through the effective delivery of Safety, Compliance and Risk management. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Health and Safety manager ready to take the next step or an experienced Head of Health and Safety to move into a larger organisation.
As Head of H&S you will lead a small team and be responsible for strategic management of the H&S, Risk and Compliance function. In addition to this you will also be responsible for:
- Supporting the overall delivery of the HSQE Improvement Plan
- Delivery of HSQE Key Performance Indicators, supporting plans to improve H&S performance
- Act as a deputy to the HSQE Director when required.
- Ensure compliance with railway specific and general Health and Safety Legislation, driving towards railway industry best practice.
- Develop the Audit programme in line with the company’s risk profile to ensure significant issues are identified and corrective action taken.
To be considered for this role, you must hold the following qualifications, professional memberships, skills and experience as a minimum:
- Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a rail environment
- Previous line management experience
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health and Safety recruiter, supplying HSE professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health and Safety, Health, Safety and Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.
Job Reference: 894276_1562321090
Salary: 70000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: North West
- CDM Advisor in North West England - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Construction Safety Consultant in Manchester - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in Manchester - £50,000 (Permanent)