Location: London | Salary: £58-63K + generous package
This exciting leadership role will work in collaboration with the estates team to provide advice and assurance relating to all areas of risk relating to infrastructure and associated safety management. The role will lead, coach and further develop a high-performing and customer focused team of 4 safety professionals that will play a significant role in oversight of safety compliance and performance. You will be responsible for influencing and challenging the existing procedural models to offer assurances and continuous improvements in relation to management of statutory obligations, construction and contractor management to enable the organisation to remain at the forefront of sector developments.
- Engage with senior leadership in matters relating to building safety and offer assurances that the built environment is fit for purpose and in compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Lead the design, implementation and delivery of a framework for monitoring activities in relation to estate infrastructure including appointed contractors to offer assurance of a consistent standard of excellence in regard to safety
- Regularly report to senior management teams on safety performance against KPIs and improvement planning as required.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Safety Training Strategy in collaboration and partnership with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the overall aim of working in partnership where appropriate.
- Provide assurance to stakeholders that Hard and Soft FM service providers operate in accordance to best practices and policies.
- Provide strategic vision and visible leadership, in relation to infrastructure safety.
- Ensure duty holders are appropriately skilled to deliver exceptional standards of safety performance by supporting learning and challenging safety preconceptions.
- Develop strong working relationships, reporting lines and joint working with other Safety Services Heads to meet the highest standards of statutory and legislative compliance.
- Support and empower senior leaders to instigate and take ownership of new initiatives that will create a positive safety culture.
- Lead on the implementation of health and safety management systems and supporting technologies to meet best practice
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of building compliance legislation
- Senior level leadership and management experience
- Exceptional communication, influencing and engagement skills
Job Reference: SB1054
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Business Improvement Consultant in Home-based / NW London - £28,500 (Permanent)
- Fire Risk Assessor - Consultancy in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant in London - £0 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant - National in UK wide - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Functional Safety Manager in Woking - £69 (Permanent)
- Head of Safety - Biological and Chemical in London - £63,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor - Chemical Manufacturing in Grays - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Consultant (home-based) in London and South East - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety & Fire Consultant in Central London - £40,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Construction Safety / CDM Consultant in London - £0 (Permanent)
- Senior Fire Safety Consultant (home based) in - £55,000 (Permanent)
- University Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)