Location: Central London | Salary: £40-50K + pension + benefits.
One of the world’s most respected universities has an opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their established Health & Safety team. Drawing upon your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will promote a positive Health & Safety culture and work to raise the profile of Safety across the organisation. Previous experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of Health & Safety policy and procedures in a complex, multi-site organisation would be advantageous.
As well as providing general Health & Safety advice and guidance, you will hold specific responsibility for providing Health & Safety support to mechanical engineering activities, so an engineering background would be beneficial.
Your positive approach and ability to engage with academic staff, management and Safety Officers will help to drive improved Health & Safety performance across university operations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Health and Safety Training
- Conducting audits and inspections
- Investigating incidents and accidents
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of Health and Safety matters
To be considered for this role, you must have demonstrable experience in the management of Health and Safety across a large, complex organisation with responsibility for a wide range of Health and Safety issues. You will ideally have significant Health and Safety experience gained in the built environment, the ability to manage and prioritise workload and a clear commitment to ongoing professional development. You must hold:
- GradIOSH or CMIOSH status
- Engineering based degree
- Broad Health and Safety knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive approach to Health and Safety
Job Reference: 894133_1528813609
Salary: 50000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- CDM Consultant in City of London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- CDM Consultant in Central London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Surveyor in London - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety / RISQS Auditor in London and the South East - £41,000 (Permanent)