Location: London | Salary: £30-35K + benefits (6 Month FTC or daily rate).
A London based social housing provider with a portfolio of over 20,000 properties is currently recruiting a Health and Safety Advisor on a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on all aspects of Health and Safety across the organisation. You will also be required to undertake construction site inspections and audits on new building and refurbishment schemes and help promote best practice and a positive health and safety culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist the organisation in complying with its duties under health and safety legislation by undertaking tasks as required by the Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Provide competent health and safety advice and information to employees on all aspects of health, safety and wellbeing.
- Work with the Head of HS&W to develop and implement a cultural H&S change programme.
- Assist managers with investigating minor incidents, identifying required actions and reporting to the business.
- Undertake and report on contractor safety standards during the construction phase.
- Liaise with the asset and property teams and provide advice regarding training needs for staff, suitable PPE provision, risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Undertake proactive health and safety inspections with staff to assist in their development and understanding of health and safety during project work.
- Liaise with the Head of Technical services and ensure the business is compliant with its duties under CDM2015
Skills and experience
- Tec IOSH status or above
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
- Previous experience managing health and safety in a local authority or the social housing sector
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of undertaking construction site inspections and audits
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.
Job Reference: 894228_1549026911
Salary: 40000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Asbestos Programme Manager in - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Construction Safety Consultant (all levels) in City of London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Engineer in - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Health & Safety Manager (Construction) in - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor - London in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in Slough - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager - London in London - £90,000 (Permanent)
- Safety Standards and Assurance Lead in West London - £70,000 (Permanent)
- Senior CDM Consultant in - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Consultant in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)