Location: Dartford | Salary: £30-33K + package.
Supporting the Health & Safety Manager and working closely with the management team on site, you will provide advice and solutions to the production, engineering, supply chain and office functions of our coffee roastery in Dartford, with a focus on engineering and risk control you will develop and maintain health and safety processes to ensure continuous improvement and legislative compliance.
- Advise on H&S legislation and practical implications.
- Daily walk rounds to ensure H&S standards are being met by stakeholders and individuals with accountability.
- Working with the Facilities Manager to manage the building refurb project from a Health & Safety perspective.
- Hazard identification and working with Managers to minimise risk.
- Annually identify the top ten risks and carry out an in-depth risk review and scheduling of the site’s annual risk assessment review process.
- Actively ensure that controls are embedded and in place for confined space, dust, COSHH, LEV checks, machine safety, lifting operations/equipment, dangerous substances, fire safety and manual handling equipment.
- Create and run training sessions to increase manager Health & Safety awareness – risk assessment, COSHH, accident investigation, manual handling and near miss/hazard spotting.
- Schedule and run the site’s Health & Safety meetings to drive continuous improvement and represent the H&S function at daily production meetings.
- Generation of accident statistics, management of accident register for the site to ensure effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented and RIDDOR compliance.
- Quarterly H&S audits and escalation of non-compliances.
- Ensure the completion of necessary statutory assessments (Noise, LOLER, DSEAR, Fire, COSHH) using internal or external resources as necessary.
- Find innovative ways to communicate and generate interest in Health & Safety, updating noticeboards and generating safety briefings.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experienced H&S Advisor from food/drink manufacturing background
- Demonstrable track record of continuous improvement
- Sound understanding of current HSE legislation & compliance
- Excellent communication skills, ideally with some previous training experience
- NEBOSH Certificate qualified.
- Confident user of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Flexible approach to work and hours
Job Reference: 894253_1555427974
Salary: 33000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Fire Safety Advisor in - £48,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Manager in SE London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Surveyor in London - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Head of Health and Safety in - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Health & Safety Manager (Construction) in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London Region - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor - London in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager - London in London - £90,000 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety and Fire Consultant in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Senior CDM Consultant in City of London - £65,000 (Permanent)