Location: Central London | Salary: £40-50K + pension + benefits.
One of the world’s most respected universities has an opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their established Health & Safety team. Drawing upon your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will promote a positive Health & Safety culture and work to raise the profile of Safety across the organisation.
Previous experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of Health & Safety policy and procedures in a complex, science-based environment would be advantageous. As well as providing general Health & Safety advice and guidance, you will hold specific responsibility for supporting the biological science departments, so a biological science-based degree and previous laboratory safety experience would be beneficial.
Your positive approach and ability to engage with academic staff, management and Safety Officers will help to drive improved Health & Safety performance across the biological science departments and wider University operations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Health and Safety Training
- Conducting audits and inspections Investigating incidents and accidents
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of Health and Safety matters
To be considered for this role, you must have demonstrable experience in the management of Health and Safety across a large, complex organisation with responsibility for a wide range of Health and Safety issues. You will ideally have significant Health and Safety experience gained in the built environment, the ability to manage and prioritise workload and a clear commitment to ongoing professional development. You must hold:
- GradIOSH status (minimum)
- Biological Science based degree
- Broad Health and Safety knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive approach to Health and Safety
Job Reference: 894085_1517494548
Salary: 50000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Fire Safety Surveyor - London in London - £42,000 (Permanent)
- H&S/CDM Consultant in Bromley - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Performance Manager in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- HSQE Business Partner in London - £55,000 (Permanent)