Location: Cambridge | Salary: £30K (full-time or part-time)
You will assist the Health, Safety and Data Protection Manager to provide professional and accurate health and safety advice throughout all departments and assist in ensuring compliance through audit. This is a permanent role and can be offered on a full-time or part-time (3 days) basis. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advice, assistance and guidance on all general health and safety areas.
- To audit and highlight areas for improvement in compliance and propose suggestions for improvement and practical solutions.
- Undertake accident, incident and near miss investigations and ensure high level follow up in accordance with policy and the RIDDOR regulations.
- To administrate and monitor the training matrix for compliance training (health and safety training.) Deliver some safety-based training packages face to face, via Zoom/teams or other means.
- Undertake or assist others with generic risk assessments, manual handling assessments, DSE assessments, COSHH assessments and other specialist areas such as COVID.
- Assist with the provisions of first aid such as stocking first aid supplies, ensuing training is up to date and checking the AEDs once a month.
- Attending and taking notes at the Health and Safety and Data Protection committees
The ideal candidate will hold:
- A clear understanding of health and safety with relevant experience
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments within a variety of environments
- Experience of undertaking accident, incident and near miss investigations
- Experience of delivering safety-based training packages
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively
- NEBOSH General Certificate or above
£30K + pension (5% staff / 10% employer) + 25 days holiday + BH + family health and dental insurance following probationary period
Job Reference: SB1060
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Skill: Health and Safety