Location: Watford | Salary: £40-45K + package.
As Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for putting suitable systems in place for the management, monitoring and review of health and safety for a national retailer with 200+ stores, associated warehousing, distribution and office space. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Advise the business on changes to any legislation and its impact on the business
- Monitor H&S policy and advise management of actions to maintain effectiveness.
- Provide health and safety advice and information to management and employees.
- Monitor health and safety performance and report improvement options
- Ensure emergency arrangements are in place and reviewed.
- Promote high standards of health, safety and occupational hygiene.
- Advise of hazards when considering introduction of new equipment, materials, processes or changes to refits of locations.
- Monitor H&S induction for new employees through the company H&S training program.
- Advise on health and safety training needs and suitable programs through training matrix
- Ensure that all premises carry out the necessary fire risk assessment reviews
- Carry out routine workplace inspections as required and safety meetings when necessary
- Implement policy and procedures and communicate through the company intranet
- Conduct Safety Awareness using newsletters and/or online awareness sessions
- Create, implement and review Health and Safety Training
You will have a proven track record of managing health and safety systems ideally with retail experience. Coupled with your experience, you will be an excellent communicator with an ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the business. With a working environment that is developing at a rapid pace you will need a flexible working approach. However therein lies the opportunity to join a growing business where you can have a significant impact on its success.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (minimum)
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
- Self-reliant, independent and able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Empathetic and flexible in style – able to accommodate differing styles and attitudes.
- Whilst able to work on own initiative, also a good team player, with confidence in own abilities but sensitive of their impact on others.
- You will be energetic, keen to succeed with good interpersonal skills.
Contributory pension, life assurance 3 x salary, free shares, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, staff discount and free lunch provided each day.
Job Reference: 894063_1512741116
Salary: 45000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Construction Health and Safety Consultant in London - £42000 per year (Permanent)
- Deputy Head of Safety in Central London - £60000 per year (Permanent)
- Fire Advisor in London - £38000 per year (Permanent)
- Head of Health and Safety in London - £75000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in London - £40000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in - £40000 per year (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in London - £60000 per year (Permanent)
- Senior CDM Consultant in City of London - £60000 per year (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Manager in - £70000 per year (Permanent)