Location: Gravesend | Salary: £44K – £48k + package.
We are working with the Port of London Authority on an exclusive basis to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Manager based in Gravesend. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an organisation focused on keeping people safe, protecting and enhancing the environment and promoting the use of the river Thames for trade and travel. In this role you will work closely with the Head of Health & Safety to promote a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the business, identifying areas of improvement and leading on the delivery of health, safety and wellbeing activities to support the business.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide professional Health & Safety advice and support to the organisation.
- Responsible for compliance and management of health and safety risks within the department.
- Develop the ‘Organisation’ Safety Management System in line with ISO45001
- Overall management of the HS&W management systems to ensure continued improvement in performance and certification to international standards.
- Act as a source of expertise and guidance to colleagues in the business on management systems and their implementation
- To lead in developing and maintaining appropriate Health & Safety policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and industry best practice.
- Drive and support the PLA’s Health and Safety Management Programme by initiatives such as Tool Box Talks and training courses
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Graduate membership of IOSH, working towards Chartered status
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Experience of the development and monitoring of QSE Management systems.
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.
Job Reference: 894325_1576171685
Salary: 48000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: South East
- CDM Consultant in Epsom - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Gravesend - £38,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in Aylesbury - £55,000 (Permanent)
- QEHS Manager in Luton - £60,000 (Permanent)
- Regional Training Instructor in SE Based - £38,000 (Permanent)