Location: Banbury | Salary: £30-40K pro-rata.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring and improving Health and Safety standards across all areas of the company’s activities. Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop the company’s Health and Safety policy/s and Safety arrangements, assisting the Managing Director with the implementation throughout the company, monitor and review.
- Continually review and monitor Health and Safety legislation which is relevant to the company.
- Review and monitor company Health and Safety Management System.
- Assess the status of Health and Safety performance throughout the company with Heads of Department / Managers.
- Support Heads of Departments/Managers with their Health and Safety Responsibilities, assisting in the application of Health and Safety Management techniques.
- Assist the internal competent Technical experts in the field eg hazardous chemicals with Health & Safety techniques.
- Organise Occupational Health requirements following risk assessment.
- Manage emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising First Aid requirements
- Review emergency situations to consider what the company could have done to prevent recurrence.
- Suggest ways to recycle waste products, to appropriately dispose of and to assist with the reduction in the production and discharge of waste.
- Assist with preparation and continually monitor company Risk Assessments and procedures
- Assist Heads of Departments / Managers with completion and monitoring of Risk Assessments
- Complete safety inspections within the workplace
- Assist Heads of Department / Managers with the procedures and maintenance of machines, required to avoid hazards.
- Be available at every heads of department meeting to discuss any health and safety issues.
- Create and maintain Health and Safety controlled documents index and matrix.
- Oversee and maintain Training matrix and advise Heads of Departments of requirements.
- Working with Heads of Department / Managers to provide Health and Safety training to employees and monitor.
- Organise Health and Safety meetings with company Health & Safety representatives
- Report any matters of concern, and make recommendations to the Managing Director
Job Reference: 894343_1580480866
Salary: 40000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: West Midlands