Location: Cambridge | Salary : £27-36K.
Our client, are a publically funded organisation who support and conduct research in medical sciences, both directly and for universities and hospitals. They are looking for candidates to join their team based in Cambridge who have experience of advising on fire safety management in a laboratory environment and who are familiar with the types of hazards created by laboratory work. They should also be familiar with the safety issues faced by Estates and Facilities staff eg working at height, working alone, work in plant rooms etc and have experience of working with /providing advice to E&F staff on these topics as well on fire safety. Although the post is to take the lead on fire safety/estates safety, they will be expected to provide general H&S advice and work as part of a team of advisers in delivering inspections, audits and training – both specific and general. Your duties will be:
- To provide highly competent Health and Safety advice to a wide range of key stakeholders on a wide range of topics.
- To create and sustain productive relationships with the research staff and use a pragmatic approach to health and safety, whilst ensuring standards and supporting research.
- To plan and prioritise work autonomously and assist other members of the team to plan their work accordingly.
- To work with the Head of Health and Safety to devise and deliver the H&S strategy. To identify, lead on, plan and own strategies and associated plans within your responsible topic areas.
In order to be considered for this role, you must hold the following Qualifications, Memberships and Experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (essential)
- Technical member of IOSH (essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma (desired)
- Experience of Health and Safety/Fire Safety management systems
Job Reference: 894100_1526379649
Salary: 36000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: South East
- Fire Surveyor in Maidenhead - £42,000 (Permanent)
- Health & Safety Advisor in Hertfordshire - £31 per hour (Contract)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Welwyn Garden City - £40,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Consultant in Guildford - £50,000 (Permanent)