Location: Dartford | Salary: £34-39K + 25 days holiday + pension + benefits.
This is broad generalist role which offers a wide variety of scope; you will be working with manufacturing, engineering, workshop/warehousing, and office-based teams from our Dartford production site.
- Manage and monitor the day-to-day H&S activity at site, working with the wider team collaboratively to achieve joint objectives.
- Advise on H&S legislation and practical implications. Ensuring that compliance issues are adhered to, for example RIDDOR and accident reporting.
- High ‘on-the-floor’ presence to ensure H&S standards are being met by stakeholders. H&S audits and escalation of non-compliances.
- Hazard identification and engaging with Managers to minimise risk and ensure controls are embedded. Ensure systems for auditing and reviewing H&S performance are in place and are being adhered to.
- Ensure the completion of necessary statutory assessments (noise, LOLER, DSEAR, fire, COSHH etc.) using internal or external resources as necessary.
- Take a key role in our on-site production audits
- Accident Near Miss investigation and management. Review associated controls and share key learnings with the relevant managers.
- Create and run training sessions to increase manager Health & Safety awareness – for example risk assessment, COSHH, accident investigation, manual handling and near miss/hazard spotting.
- Assist the Site Managers with managing site waste and improvements in respect of environmental impacts such as recycling etc.
- Chair the site EHS committee meeting, close out of actions, using H&S data to identify focus areas and help maintain our ISO14001 certification.
- Experienced H&S Advisor with a food manufacturing background.
- Ability to work in a collaborate way with all stakeholders.
- NEBOSH qualified, or equivalent level of ‘on-the-job’ experience.
- Sound understanding of current HSE legislation & compliance.
- Experience managing; hazardous substances, LEVs, LOLER, DSEA, machine safety and noise
- Experience of successful audit completion.
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative style.
- Good level of Microsoft Office IT skills.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and implementing management systems preferred.
Job Reference: 977
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals, South East
Job Industry: Manufacturing
- Fire Risk Assessor - Consultancy in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant in London - £0 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant - National in UK wide - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health & Safety Manager (P/T) in - £32,400 (Contract)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor - Charity in - £40,000 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety & Fire Consultant in Central London - £40,000 (Permanent)
- Rail Safety Consultant in Flexible - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Construction Safety / CDM Consultant in London - £0 (Permanent)
- University Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)