Addlestone, Surrey | £38,000 – £46,500+ Local Authority benefits
An opportunity has arisen to join our operational team as their Health & Safety Advisor. You will lead on shaping the continuous training needs, creating and reviewing policies and procedures, auditing and creating a safety culture throughout the operations services of the Council.
If you have experience in delivering cultural change and service improvements, as well delivering health and safety to a wide audience whether within a local authority or commercial setting we would like to hear from you.
You will be first point on the operational health and safety needs being responsible for:
- Maintaining and preparing induction, training and refresher training records for relevant staff
- Review and update Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Preparing written reports following the completion of Health and Safety and operational audits and other projects.
- Assist with health surveillance programmes where requested and continue to help improve occupational health issues across the operational services.
- Preparing and ensuring that all risk assessments, method statements, transport management plans and safe working procedures are suitable and sufficient, communicated and delivered across all the waste and street services.
- Undertaking RIDDOR investigations.
- Undertaking safety inspections, reporting outcomes and corrective actions across all the operational services undertake.
- Undertaking service audits and assist in service reviews across the operational services.
- To investigate / review and implement new procedures and training on all instances throughout operational services covering accidents, near misses, work-related ill health and incidents of violence at work; investigate any significant health and safety failures and report on the findings.
- To develop, coordinate, implement and review the annual operational plan for the operational services, incorporating the Council’s risk management procedures
- To produce, prepare, record and deliver COSHH to a wide operational audience within the operational services
Job Reference: 1120
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals, South East
Job Industry: Public Sector
- CDM Consultant in Reading - £40,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant in Reading - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Head of Safety - Estates (UNDER OFFER) in London - £63,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Consultant (home-based) in London and South East - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Safety Advisor - Biological (UNDER OFFER) in London / Home - £53,000 (Permanent)
- Safety Advisor – Infrastructure in London / Home - £53,000 (Permanent)
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Advisor in Battersea - £35,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Fire Safety Consultant (home based) in - £55,000 (Permanent)
- University Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)