Location: Midlands with national travel | Salary: £55-65K + car allowance + benefits
As the HSE Manager for a manufacturing and installation business, you will develop Health, Safety and Environmental standards, ensuring that they are embedded within the organisation. You will provide technical guidance on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters, identifying and advising on current and future requirements, ensuring all policies and procedures are in place across the organisation.
- Leading a programme of continuous improvement and creating a positive, company-wide culture where Health and Safety is at the heart of everything the business does.
- Creating a vision of best practice and leading a programme of training and development for employees and associates to ensure standards are consistently improved and maintained.
- Setting the strategic framework for the management of Health, Safety and Environmental standards, engaging with stakeholders across all regions to ensure these are understood and embedded.
- Managing a team of Health, Safety and Environmental Advisors.
- Offering coaching, specialist advise and practical support on all Health and Safety matters to management teams.
- Developing, reviewing, and monitoring of the H&S objectives and targets across the organisation, implementing improvement plans where required.
- Ensuring the organisation complies with statutory obligations and best practice, by making recommendations, proposing options, and developing implementation plans to ensure compliance in all areas of H&S.
- Providing regular progress reports for board meetings.
- Leading on investigation of incidents/accidents, ensuring there is an appropriate improvement plan to prevent future recurrences.
The ideal candidate will hold:
- HSE management experience in the manufacturing sector
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- GradIOSH or CMIOSH status
- Clear communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Effective motivational, team working and relationship building skills.
- Flexible approach to work, able to travel to sites covering the UK.
Job Reference: SB1070
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
- Health & Safety Manager in - £0 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor 12 months (UNDER OFFER) in - £34,000 (Contract)