£40-50K + car allowance | Sheffield
A successful, established facilities management business have an opportunity for an HSQE Manager to join their team in Sheffield. They are focused on delivering a quality service, whilst maintaining the highest safety standards and delivering value for money by investing in people and equipment.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, effective at prioritising workload and an eye for detail with the ability to adapt to an ever changing, fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will hold GradIOSH or CMIOSH status with previous experience in a similar role.
- Advise on all aspects of health and safety.
- Report weekly QSHE numbers at management meetings.
- Keep abreast of current changes in legislation and update the Managing Director and Senior Management Team.
- Develop and implement tools/systems to create a safety culture within the company.
- Liaise with customers to implement safe working practices that are compliant with current legislation and client specific regulations.
- Carry out inspections and audits in all workplaces to identify unsafe working conditions, plant, practices and fire hazards. Communicate and record results and make recommendations for remedial action.
- Investigate all accidents, and near misses record the findings on relevant forms, as well as providing guidance to prevent reoccurrence.
- Report any incidents to the HSE that fall under RIDDOR.
- Immediately report to the managing Director issues that require stopping of any operation for immediate rectification. Notify Managing Director of corrective action and if the actions have not been met within the agreed time frame.
- Highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or HSE guidance.
- Ensure good channels of communication between employer and employees regarding Health and Safety Legislation and requirements.
- Manage all personnel within the Health and Safety Division and ensure they are equipped with the training and tools needed for their roles.
- Consult and appoint Occupational Health when required.
- Maintain and manage accreditations
Job Reference: 1046
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
- Fire Safety Consultant - National in UK wide - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Head of Health & Safety in Skelmersdale with national travel - £70,000 (Permanent)