Location: Skelmersdale with national travel | Salary: £45-55K + car + package
To provide Health and Safety focus to the Company, and to work with the operations teams to improve the company’s current health and safety systems, and to work closely with the site teams to bring improvement and change. To be responsible for all strategic guidance to the H&S Committee on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters. You will be accountable for all measurement, management and implementation of our Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, sub-contractors, and other external contacts.
- Support the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the Group and promote good safety behaviours.
- Extensive knowledge in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement.
- Support the development of measurement systems to ensure that Health and Safety performance are accurately monitored.
- Liaise with employees, subcontractors and suppliers on Health and Safety matters as required.
- Identify possible operational risks or opportunities, and work with operational teams to ensure an appropriate and effective response.
- Support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that the Health and Safety plan and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors.
- Coaching and supporting project teams to generate new solutions to common, everyday issues.
- Working closely with the Group Director to ensure the organisation’s H&S strategy is implemented successfully.
- Bringing creative thinking to the business whilst maintaining exceptional H&S standards.
- Communicating positive H&S performance to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaging across the sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required.
- Support the HR & Training Manager and Company Directors with any OH issues.
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries.
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement, and reporting on the findings.
- To comply with all GDPR regulations.
- Any other duties as required by the Director and/or Group Managing Director.
- NEBOSH Diploma and other relevant H&S qualifications
- Health and Safety experience within construction, manufacturing, and engineering.
- Full driving license
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Working knowledge of CDM/Asbestos/Working at height
- IT literature
- Strong written and verbal communication e.g report writing, briefings, and presentation skills
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Influence and persuading skills
- A flexible attitude to working
Job Reference: 1031
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: