Location: London | Salary: £60-65K + generous package.
Excellent opportunity to take on a leadership role on a major, long-term construction project. You will be working on behalf of the client to maintain best practice on-site, ensuring that contractors meet their legal and contractual health and safety obligations. The ideal candidate will have experience of working at a senior level on major construction and infrastructure projects, managing Health and Safety on behalf of large client or contractor organisations. You will also be responsible for:
- Promoting a Health and Safety culture that engages all project participants and delivers continuous improvements in Health and Safety and Wellbeing management.
- Overseeing environmental compliance on site and promoting a culture of environmental safeguarding.
- Provide specialist advice to the Programme Director and Programme Team on HSE issues and legislation
- Support the development, implementation and adoption of project specific HSE objectives and targets
- In liaison with the Programme Director promote health and safety through the implementation of SHE Bulletins / Alerts, Best Practice, Good Practice and Lessons Learned.
- Ensure systems are in place to manage the SHE competence of the entire Project Delivery Team (Client Representatives, Consultants, Contractors, Designers and Sub-contractors)
- Establish the H&S competency requirements for the project delivery team and supply chain
- Develop and implement a SHE Inspection plan and coordinate SHE inspection activities
- Ensure the timely close out of any SHE audit and inspection findings
- Support accident / incident investigations as required
- Chair monthly Health, Safety and Environment Steering Group meetings
To be considered for this role, you must hold:
- CMIOSH status
- Well-developed communication and engagement skills
- Major construction and civil engineering project experience
Job Reference: 894207_1547042920
Salary: 65000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Fire Engineer in London - £65,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Consultant in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in London - £66,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Health Safety Environmental Assuance Manager in London - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Senior Health and Safety Consultant in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)