Location: Croydon | Salary: £40-50k + benefits.
Our client has an exciting and challenging role within its Transportation Division for a HSE Manager in a full-time role. This is a major Re-signalling project in South London with the main office based in Croydon.
The focus will be on site construction activities which require the individual to be confident to brief, challenge and liaise with operational staff, contractors and clients.
- To inform management of any issues or areas for improvement on the project that need to be escalated within a timely manner
- To carry out site inspections and proactively consider future requirements working closely with the project and construction teams.
- To support project staff in identifying and reporting of behavioural issues that could have an impact on the project or their safety.
- To provide day to day support, advice and management to Project discipline management and personnel.
- To carry out audits and site inspections to ensure compliance to Network Rail, Company standards and Health & Safety legislation, across the disciplines of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management
- To understand and ensure project teams and contractors are working under the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
- To attend the project and/or construction QSSE Meetings with the client, principal contractor and our sub-contractors to ensure they are aware of future work activity so that risks can be identified and safety control measures arranged.
- To carry out effective and timely investigation and reporting of Accidents/Incidents/Close Calls and any key concerns.
- To plan and conduct effective QSSE audits, both internal and external, to ensure compliance with Project/Company policies, strategies and procedures.
- To be able to communicate an extensive knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Provide on-site coordination of the Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems and to provide advice, support and guidance to the Project Management team.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Read, understand and implement the QSSE Policy, organisation and arrangements.
- Be aware of legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and safe working practices relevant to the work activities.
- Report to the QSSE Practice Director regularly and highlight any key HQSE issues on our projects.
- Agree, advise or determine for others, safe and environmentally sound methods of working and systems which identify hazards at each place of work within their responsibility.
- Give staff and contractors within their projects/business, clear instructions as to their responsibilities to ensure that correct working methods where risk of physical harm or environmental damage exists.
Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma (desirable)
- NEBOSH Certificate (mandatory – construction desirable)
- Chartered Membership of IOSH (desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Experience of the development and monitoring of QSE Management systems.
- Hold a formal Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate (desirable).
- Must have previous Railway and Construction Industry experience.
- Capable of identifying QSE Improvement opportunities.
- Awareness of behavioural safety programmes (desirable)
- Experience of investigation techniques.
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.
Job Reference: 894303_1569594333
Salary: 50000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Construction Management Assurance Manager in Homebased - £55,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Advisor in London - £48,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £40,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor - London in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Coordinator in London - £43,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Manager in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety and Fire Consultant in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Safety and Radiation Advisor in London - £50,000 (Permanent)