Location: North West | Salary: £35 – 40K + Car / Allowance + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Regional HSE Advisor for a well-known organisation who are specialists in their sector. Based in the North / Northwest region you will provide guidance and support to the regional delivery business. This role is all about promoting excellence, continuous improvement and providing pragmatic, practical Health and Safety advice and guidance. It involves getting out and about, meeting people, problem solving and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions. Previous health & safety experience working across a variety of industry sectors – construction, highways, rail would be advantageous.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing professional HSE support and advice to regional operations and projects teams.
- Support the business to improve HSE performance, through effective communication, direction, coaching, awareness, and encouragement.
- Ensure sure HSE policies and procedures, including risk assessments and method statements, are fit for purpose, and effectively applied.
- Support the maintenance and improvement of OHSAS, Environmental and Quality management systems.
- Support the management of the Approved Contractor and Supplier process.
- Conduct accident and incident investigation where necessary.
- Maintain a good understanding of H&S legislation and provide practical guidance and support to the business as appropriate.
- Provide expertise, support, and direction to ensure the requirements of the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Standards, SafeContractor, Network Rail (or equivalent) and RISQS accreditations are maintained.
- To provide HSE support and guidance for Project/Construction work, reviewing appropriate documentation (WPP/CPP/RAMS)
- Providing onsite support and advice as appropriate.
To be considered for the role you must have the following:
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) or willing to work towards
- Internal Auditor qualification (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001) is desirable
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Experienced and confident in training and coaching at all levels of the business
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM Coordinator, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.
Job Reference: PA1055
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: North West
- Fire Safety Consultant - National in UK wide - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health, Safety Environment and Quality Manager in - £50,000 (Permanent)