Location: London | Salary: £40-48K + Benefits.
Our client a utilities/telecoms service provider specialising in the delivery of integrated power and communications solutions, are looking for an experienced SHEQ Advisor, based in London, to assist in the management in the health, safety, quality and environmental matters within the Group through the provision of professional advice and solutions, ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice. You will develop and implement Health and Safety best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision. The successful candidate will:
- Work proactively with all levels of management, to establish and maintain a safe system of work and a safe environment for colleagues and clients.
- Advise and assist in the planning and promotion of health, safety, environment and quality programs and establishing a suitable organisation to put them into effect
- Interpret and advise on the implementation of company’s policies, procedures and safe systems of work
- Ensure that the requirements under the company’s integrated management system are followed accordingly and to ensure that the contracts you cover are doing the same.
- Discharge your specific duties for matters regarding health, safety, welfare, environment and quality as defined in the company policy and in any procedures, efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor the health, safety, environment and quality performance on the contracts under your control and take such steps as are necessary to improve the performance.
- Carryout out regular site, compound and CDM audits. There is a minimum requirement of one site audit a month on each team and sub-contractor working on your contracts. both direct and sub-contracted employees. This may require working out of hours from time to time.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have the following Qualifications, Professional Memberships and Experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 Certificate or equivalent
- Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH (Grad/CMIOSH)
- Experience working for either DNO’s and/or National Grid
- Experience working within live substations
- Experience working within the construction industry
- Must either currently hold or have held a BESC and/or Persons qualification
- EUSR or CSCS in general health and safety
- Full clean driving licence.
Job Reference: 894322_1574952887
Salary: 48000 per year
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Jobs in London For Health and Safety Professionals
- Construction Safety Consultant in London - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Environmental Manager in London - £45,000 (Permanent)
- Fire Safety Advisor in London - £48,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Advisor in Central London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Health and Safety Consultant in Central London - £38 per hour (Contract)
- Health, Safety and Fire Consultant in London - £50,000 (Permanent)
- Regional Trainer in Greater London - £34,000 (Permanent)
- SHEQ Advisor in London - £55,000 (Permanent)