Location: Woodstock, Oxfordshire / Hybrid | Salary: DoE
The Health, Safety & Environmental Manager will be responsible for advising on all HSE processes and to ensure HSE compliance is maintained in line with the current legislation. You will utilise your communication and management skills to provide expert advice, guidance & support across all levels of the business to identify upcoming challenges and risks. This role will be dual sited between our Woodstock & Chipping Norton sites.
- Advise on compliance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Formulate, develop and review policies, procedures and other guidance necessary to ensure compliance.
- Establish, maintain and report on a system for the timely reporting and investigation of safety and environmental events (accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformities).
- Advise the Executive Team and Management on the setting of HS&E objectives. Establish management programmes, monitor compliance and report on progress to the Executive Team, Management and HSE meetings as required.
- Provide ongoing support and advice to managers, as requested, on all matters relating to health, safety and environmental topics. In particular base level occupational health interventions, specialist risk assessments, waste management, energy efficiency and contractor management.
- Continuous interaction with and communication with all levels with the business with the aim of supporting a positive health and safety culture.
- Establish, maintain and report on a system for identifying and evaluating significant health and safety risks and environmental impacts.
- Participate in the identification of HS&E training needs analysis. This may involve the presentation of training where deemed to cost effective for the business.
- Develop, implement and report on systems for conducting workplace inspections and internal audits. Support senior managers in the management of these within their areas of responsibility.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experience in Health Safety and Environmental Management systems and procedures
- Chartered Membership of IOSH
- IEMA or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a safety environment
- To have a good understanding of Corporate and Social responsibilities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills