Location: Milton Keynes | Salary: up to £35,500 + 25 days holiday + Pension + EAP + Life Assurance + benefits
This is a broad Health & Safety Advisor role which offers an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark on the H&S function. You will be advising and supporting a variety of teams involved in engineering, workshop, warehousing, office and field service functions, across the UK and Ireland. The role is based in Milton Keynes and some travel to other sites as required.
- Monitor and support the day-to-day H&S of activities across four sites and our remote teams.
- High ‘on-the-floor’ presence to ensure H&S standards are being met by stakeholders.
- Oversee the incident reporting process to ensure timely reporting, completion of investigation and action close out.
- Assist our teams with customer tenders, questionnaires and queries.
- Identify and escalate issues such as reportable incidents, trends and changing legislation.
- Ensure systems for auditing and reviewing H&S performance are in place and are functioning correctly and complete internal EHS audits.
- Complete and submit on-line service audits (Safecontractor, Altius, Avetta etc), ensuring we retain our pass mark status.
- Ensure that legal requirements such as LOLER inspections, risk assessments, COSHH are in place and being maintained.
- Support environmental matters (waste, spills, energy) and form part of the wider EHS Team in support of our ISO14001 certificate.
- Chair the EHS committee meeting, encouraging communication and consultation with our diverse teams.
- Look for opportunities to improve our H&S performance and processes and support the role out of relevant initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role in the food manufacturing, engineering or hospitality sector and will hold:
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
- TechIOSH status
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards
Want to find out more? Simply apply for the role and I’ll call you back to discuss – all applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.