Location: Maidstone, Kent | Salary: £53,264 – £59,915 + benefits
Great opportunity to join a large, multi-site public sector organisation, with responsibility for providing direction, health and safety assurance, support, and advice, working closely with the Health & Safety team, colleagues, and other stakeholders to deliver high safety standards. The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual who is passionate about all health and safety matters and demonstrates real drive and enthusiasm for progressing the safety agenda. You will also play a pivotal role in managing and developing proactive health and safety initiatives, providing direction, support and advice to promote, disseminate, implement, monitor and review of health and safety policies and practices. Key responsibilities include:
- Building and developing effective working relationships.
- Leading in the design, development, implementation, and continual review of policies.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and regulatory bodies.
- Promoting Health & Safety training and awareness.
- Liaising with senior leadership, government departments, unions, and other key stakeholders.
- You will manage all matters related to fire safety.
- Undertaking site visits across Kent with occasional visits to sites in Essex.
This is a high-profile role with the opportunity to make a real impact on Health & Safety across a large, complex multi-site organisation, and would suit someone with experience of leading on Health & Safety in the built environment. To be considered for this role, you must hold:
- Relevant industry experience in a Health & Safety management role.
- Previous experience of leading health and safety in a large multi-site organisation.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and engagement skills.
- NEBOSH Diploma, degree or equivalent.
- Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH).
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate (or equivalent).
Want to find out more? Simply apply for the role and I’ll call you back to discuss – all applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.