Location: Maidstone, Kent | Salary: £24,500 – £28,700 + Local Government Pension Scheme + benefits
(This role is being offered on a part-time basis – 29.4 hours per week over 4 or 5 days with flexible working hours.)
You will support the Health and Manager to provide health and safety guidance, advice, training and interpretation of legislation to ensure a safe working environment for all employees, members of the public and contractors.
- Source training requirements and develop training initiatives to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and HSE recommendations and to promote safety at work.
- Develop and maintain awareness of changes in health and safety legislation in order to deliver accurate and consistent advice and services.
- Support the Health and Safety Manager with matters on accident investigations and make recommendations for actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist managers in implementing health and safety policies and procedures in order to promote awareness and mitigation of risks and hazards at a local level.
- Support the Health and Safety Manager in conducting the annual review of risk assessments and identify areas of weakness and priorities for action. Conduct annual inspections, identifying areas of risk and provide solutions, in order to resolve any issues identified.
- Input, analyse and identify trends in accident and injury on duty data, making recommendations for further investigation as appropriate and providing force statistics for presentation to Senior Managers.
The ideal candidate will hold:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Experience delivering safety support in a complex organisation
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Competent IT user (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.