Compliance Manager | London / Home | Up to £54-59K + generous benefits (12-month FTC)
The Estates Safety and Compliance team leads and manages the provision of health and safety, assurance, compliance and high-level advice to positively influence health and safety culture and strategy to meet legal, statutory compliance obligations and quality standards. The role holder will be expected to provide professional expertise and strategic focus to develop and implement policies, procedures and operational plans, ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
This is a varied role in a busy environment and ideal for someone who enjoys multi-tasking, working with stakeholders from a diverse background and implementing new initiatives. A strong safety background with professional expertise in a compliance field such as asbestos, water, M&E or building management would be beneficial to this role. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide day to day line management of a diverse team including technical specialists and support teams.
- Set, monitor and manage performance against planned targets and deadlines.
- Oversee the design and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines covering Estates & Facilities statutory compliance.
- Develop and manage corrective action plans for areas of concern and/or non-conformance
- Provide regular reports and outline areas of risk, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a health, safety and compliance strategy
- Oversee the design and implementation of effective processes for statutory compliance
- Undertake effective monitoring, of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory, health, safety and building management requirements across:
- Asbestos management
- Lifts and lifting equipment
- Pressure systems
- Work equipment
- Electrical safety
- Gas safety
The ideal candidate will hold:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate or Chartered Member of IOSH
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to diverse audiences
- Ability to use initiative, work under pressure, prioritise workloads
- Experience in managing complex projects simultaneously and providing effective leadership.
- Experience in line management and leadership of professional service teams
- Good communication and influencing skills
This role is being offered on a directly employed 12-month fixed-term basis from February 2023. It’s a full-time role, home-based 2-3 days per week with the remainder of your time on-site in London.
Want to find out more? Simply apply for the role and I’ll call you back to discuss – all applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.