Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire | Salary: £46,700 + 30 days holiday + 10.5 public and privilege days + Christmas shutdown + generous career average pension scheme
World-leading multi-disciplinary scientific research facility have an opportunity for a Fire Safety Advisor to join their team in Didcot, providing professional fire safety advice and support across laboratory, industrial and commercial facilities. The Fire Safety Advisor will be responsible for undertaking fire risk assessments and providing fire safety advice to staff, tenants, contractors, visitors, and facility users in respect to fire safety legislation and its implementation as part of the SHE Management System.
- Write and maintain Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs).
- Ensure appropriate fire control measures are in place.
- Undertake regular inspections and track remedial actions.
- Advise on the provision of fire signage and fire safety equipment.
- Support development of SHE Management System.
- Support the maintenance of building fire safety documentation to support emergency service operation and tactical planning.
- Investigation of fire incidents, fire false alarms and related fire incidents.
- Engage with scientists, engineers, managers, directors, safety colleagues and trade unions.
This is a great opportunity for a Fire Safety Advisor to join an organisation at the forefront of scientific research and development and would suit someone with an interest in delivering bespoke fire safety support across a complex organisation. The ideal candidate will hold:
- Membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE), Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) or equivalent.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of current and forthcoming changes to UK Building Regulations and Fire Safety legislation.
- Strong practical experience of undertaking fire risk assessments, including in large and complex buildings.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills able to work and influence staff at all levels.
Bryan & Armstrong Ltd is a specialist Health & Safety recruiter, supplying Health & Safety professionals on an interim and permanent basis across the following disciplines: Health & Safety, Health, Safety & Environment, SHEQ, CDM, Fire, Environmental, Quality Management and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Systems.